Monday 2 January 2017

My most popular posts of 2016

The end of the year is a good time to look over the blog, to see which posts garnered most attention. Perhaps not surprisingly, among the six most popular were several pieces I wrote related to scientific publishing and the reproducibility crisis: examining the problem and potential solutions. This is a topic I have become increasingly passionate about, as I worry about how the current system encourages us to waste precious time and money pursuing 'exciting' and 'ground-breaking' results, rather than doing thoughtful, careful science. Of course, these are not mutually exclusive, but, sadly, the emphasis on innovation and productivity can lead people to cut corners, and we then end up with findings that are not a solid basis on which to build further research.


Here are the top 6 posts of 2016:




Here are slides from and references from a talk I gave on reproducibility


Here is a link to an advanced course for early career researchers on this topic that I am running with Marcus Munafo and Chris Chambers


Here is a link to a complete catalogue of my blog posts.


Happy New Year!







1 comment:

  1. I also read the article and i see there are more people are liked this post.So we expect more content as like this in here and we hope we got it from your as per as possible.

    ReplyDelete